Who will manage and run them?
- Already existing shelters
- Governments/ cities/counties -then disperse to where it is most needed.
- Hotels motels that rent space to programs providing sponsorship
- Other organizations/non-profits
1.-There are several different ways to use Sleep Trailer our main hope is to partner with already existing shelters. We would park the unit in their parking lot giving them an increased bed capacity and expanding who they might be able to provide support. For example, maybe people with pets, people that have tested positive for Covid-19, or even just people that don’t typically feel safe in open group settings. This would also give those using it access to bathrooms and showers and other resources available at the various shelters, and connections to those next steps.
2. Governments/ cities/counties- Sleep Trailer really is a multi-purpose resource. So cities, governments, and counties could purchase them and use them to house people for disaster relief, firefighters during forest fire season, disaster relief workers that come in after a disaster to help clean up, and homelessness and women shelters. Or if they didn’t need it they could send them to an area that did.
3.– Hotels motels that rent space to programs providing sponsorship, there are several programs and non-profits that help people get shelter for a couple of nights by paying for a motel or hotel room. Hotels motels or even hostels could purchase and use Sleep Trailer and provide bathrooms and rent them out at a reduced cost to agencies.
4. — a. There are some Churches & organizations and shelters that due to laws and regulations can only be in a location for a limited time (usually a church doing a “warming station” or other location with access to bathrooms facilities). This could be a great option as you could partner with several churches in the area and easily move them to the next location without needing to set up a bunch of stuff.
4.–b. Could partner with organizations building affordable housing and they could use the trailers on site while the affordable housing is being built. This could give people to get off the street now, and then when the affordable housing is completed they could move directly into the facility. This would give people a direct path from living on the street to emergency shelter (Sleep Trailer), then Affordable housing, and then permanent housing. a realistic and reliable path to break the cycle of homelessness.
How do you access the top levels?
Ladders, platforms or steps depending on where they go and if it needs to be more or less mobile. We also have designs for units where all 8 spaces are on the bottom level for those that are worried about the upper-level access or don’t think it would be a good fit for their use.
How much does it cost?
- are they leasing it?
- are they buying it outright?
1.–Leasing–If we can build them from grants and donations, advertisements and lease them for a significantly reduced price to help more people have a safe place to sleep at night.
2.– Actual building cost will vary a great deal as we have a lot of flexibility in how and what we build. For example types of top-level access, or instead of an 8 unit trailer, we could build a 4 unit trailer and make them taller, or get a longer trailer and build 10 units on the trailer, or build them without the trailer at all if it is going to be a more permanent site, adding heat/AC/dehumidifying. If you would like to set up a meeting to discuss what you are looking for and get a quote please email [email protected] and we will set that up.
Do you accept donations via Venmo? Cash App? Go fund me?
You can make a venmo donation to @sleeptrailer: https://account.venmo.com/u/sleeptrailer.
Go fund me
Heat? AC? Electricity?
yes we can add in any of those and many other modifications for the various needs that are out there. If you have any specific questions please reach out and email us at [email protected]
For other questions please email
You have questions, we want to answer! This mission cannot be completed without others joining in the cause! If you have questions others might have them too! So help us, help you and others come to a better understanding of what we are trying to do and how we can help.